UNILEVER TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SIMPLE’S KINDNESS AWARDS PRIZE DRAW
1. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 16 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Prize Draw. Participants should not take part in the Prize Draw, if such participation is against local legislation in the country / state of their residence. Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants and disqualify a participant for submitting false information.
2. The opening date for entries is 12:00am GMT on 27 February 2020 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm GMT on 19 March 2020 (the “Prize Draw Period”).
How does this prize draw work?
3. To enter, visit https://www.simple.co.uk/ (the “Website”) and click to vote for the Kindness Awards, once you are on the voting page, please vote for your favourite “act of kindness” (organization that means the most to you).
4. For the Prize Draw entry to be valid, participants must vote for one of the “acts of kindness” and submit their full name and email details. For the avoidance of doubt, you must click to vote for one of the “acts of kindness”, then enter your first name, last name and email address (the “Entry”). This data will only be used for the scope of delivering the Prize Draw.
5. The Prize Draw is limited to one Entry per person. No participant may win more than one prize. Prizes are limited to one per household. For the avoidance of doubt, if a participant has entered the Prize Draw more than once on the Website, only their first Entry will be entered into the Prize Draw.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all Entry instructions.
8. All Entries must be received by Promoter during the Prize Draw Period or they will be void. Promoter will not accept responsibility for:
i. Prize Draw entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
ii. any change in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent a winner from accepting, taking or using a prize.
9. By participating in this Prize Draw, you agree to release, discharge and hold Promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this Prize Draw (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
10. An independent agency (“Promotigo”) will be tracking the number of votes for each organization and will share that information with the Simple team. On March 20th 2020, Promotigo will select 10 winners using a random computer-generated process, from all valid Entries received. The winners will be notified on via email within 10 days of the closing date (“Notification”).
11. The winners must claim their prize by responding to the email confirming their full name and address within 10 days of the Notification. If the Prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed Prizes to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Prize Draw rules.
12. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
What is the Prize?
13. There will be 10 winners chosen from valid Entries. Each winner will receive one Simple goodie bags (containing 5 Simple SKUs) and a free one-year subscription to Positive News magazine as prizes (the “Prizes”).
14. The winners’ details (name, email and address) may be made available to Unilever within four weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE. The winner will have the right to object to this information being published or to request a reduction in the amount of information being published. Promoter may be required to provide this information to the relevant regulatory authorities.
15. Promoter reserves the right to amend the rules of the Prize Draw, to withdraw the Prize Draw at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable, or to cancel the Prizes in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
16. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter / Facebook / Instagram. Participant are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter / Facebook / Instagram. Participant release Facebook / Instagram /Twitter for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the Prize Draw.
17. If you have elected to be added to Promoter’s email database, you will also receive promotional emails with offers, news, products and information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
19. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Participants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR (please do not send entries to this address).