Oil Control: How to Get Rid of Oily Skin
What causes oily skin?
Skin becomes greasy when your natural oil is produced in excess. There are various reasons why your skin could be oily:
- Hormones: Hormone imbalances can play a huge part in excess oil production.
- Chemicals: Certain harsh ingredients in skincare products can kick your oil glands into overdrive.
- Genetics: You might have inherited oily skin.
- Weather: Humidity and summer sun can play a part – and that’s the last thing you need when you’re on holiday.
How to control oily skin with skincare
What you put on your face will make all the difference. Use products that are designed to help you achieve shine-free, clear skin – just make sure they’re packed with skin-loving ingredients, rather than harsh chemicals that can exacerbate the situation. All the oily skincare products in Simple Daily Skin Detox range are kind to skin, and can work wonders for your skin’s overactive oil production.
The Simple skincare routine for oily skin
Simple has helped put together a winning combination of products from our Daily Skin Detox range! Let the mattifying ingredients do their work in a regime that’s as simple as 1,2,3:
2. Wash with our Purifying Facial Wash to gently help get rid of any remaining impurities or excess oil, leaving your skin feeling balanced and purified.
3. Prime with our SOS booster to help with shine control all day long. Apply a small amount to your t-zone, after cleansing and before moisturising. You can use it to help fight the causes of spots and blemishes too.
You can also treat your skin to a deep clean once a week with Simple Pore Polishing Face Scrub, with bamboo exfoliators that work on your pores the gentle way.
Top ingredients in oily skincare products
If you’re wondering how to control oily skin, there are certain natural ingredients that can help. Luckily, they’re all over our Daily Skin Detox range!
- Witch hazel can be helpful in balancing oily skin – it’s a natural toner that can help tighten pores.
- Zinc can help regulate the activity of the oil glands.
- Thyme contains a natural antimicrobial called thymol that can help protect your skin from environmental stressors.